What Boots Are You All Wearing

JonR

..got my red wing nigel carbon (2pair) and a lot of Van´s

Vans are good stuff. I like the high top chucks as they feel more secure. Especially when backing up 800lbs of Challenger. They’re warm season only though, cuz they’re so breathable.

MotoJedi

Just bought a pair of Dainese 72 Imola boots. They seem good for everyday riding. For more aggressive riding--well I'm still looking, though the Dainese boots that @Max Kool recommended, just be it.

Fuse5

@max .. agree with ! There is nothing about any safety on Vans.
(usually i wear them most times and if i hop on to a short ride (mostly with the sidecar bike) to the bakery or the lake for a swim which i got in 1 mile area
i am too lazy for changing ;) as long u ride with mind and looking ahead)

I picked up a set of these. No need to be a brand/fan boy. But with jeans they look like the type of sneaker I'd wear anyway.

Attachments

• boots.PNG
    boots.PNG
    478.8 KB · Views: 20
Actually I like the looks of them. How stiff is the toe cap?
For me, just right. There's definitely a composite toe in there. And there are pucks that cover your ankles. I could wear these around the office/warehouse all day and not feel like I was wearing "boots". I tried making a little video of me squeezing the toe but I can't attach it here.

I bought a new pair of Alpinestars SMX-5 when I bought the bike last July. And they were quickly way too stiff for my liking. I saw these at a dealership in September and quickly replaced the Alpinestars with them.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 16

NZ FTR

Gaerne Adventure boots, comfy, good waterproof ness and can walk about when you get somewhere.
Previously Sidi vertebrae race and a well worn set of full leather Australian Army infantry boots with quad stitched seams(John Bull)

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I picked up a set of these. No need to be a brand/fan boy. But with jeans they look like the type of sneaker I'd wear anyway.

All the harley trolls were freaking out about these on one of the indian sponsored posts. None of them could grasp the concept that these riding shoes actually provide more protection than their lineman boots.

All the harley trolls were freaking out about these on one of the indian sponsored posts. None of them could grasp the concept that these riding shoes actually provide more protection than their lineman boots.
....I don't suppose they'd look good with leather chaps either. :)

mark.lb

It is a good day at mark.lb’s house. FedEx just delivered new shoes for the FTR (Bridgestone Battlax A41) and new shoes for me (Dainese Nighthawk D1 Gore-Tex) !!
Bridgestone is giving a $40 Visa Card with the purchase of a set of tires July 31- September 12, 2020.

Attachments

• AC01E4F9-6169-4EFD-97E2-4630A91B5448.jpeg
    AC01E4F9-6169-4EFD-97E2-4630A91B5448.jpeg
    753.2 KB · Views: 16
  • D00F7652-0BC7-433A-9CE1-30FCF96900D4.jpeg
    D00F7652-0BC7-433A-9CE1-30FCF96900D4.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 17

Blue1

Had a pair of waterproof (for about five years) Italian boots that finally gave up the ghost when the sole started chunking after ten years. Loved those boots, a lot of protection but not bulky.

Replaced them with Tourmasters, good boot for the money at about $125, but bulkier and not quite as comfortable as the Italian boots, which were about $200 new, probably $275 today.