Where did you ride your FTR today?

FTR London

Cool Harley bobber. Have you built on the engine - past the exhaust and intake?
The 48? Nice isn't it. It isn't mine. The engine is all stock. Australian import. He's taken an angle grinder to the frame though and modified the back end.

K9F

The 48? Nice isn't it. It isn't mine. The engine is all stock. Australian import. He's taken an angle grinder to the frame though and modified the back end.

Got a mate that has done very similar. Seems a popular theme with the 48s. He recently dropped an S & S 1250 in it having burnt the old engine out after 78000 miles.

IMG_1814.jpg

FTR London

Only a short 20miles to Oily Rag café in Gloucester ,she sat in between Harley's and Triumph's and got the most interest 👍
Interesting observation. Because the FTR is such a rare bike over here I've noticed from riding with a mate that that lay non-bikers will immediately gravitate to a Harley due to the obligatory nature of the brand - whilst those actually into bikes will always be drawn through curiosity and interest to the Indian.

Darkknight70

Your right there, I sat back away from where we'd parked drinking our coffee and my mate said your bike's attracting attention , four Harley riders were studying it, then BMW GS guys, only thing is when I fired her up they were surprised how quiet it was, the new exhaust is needed asap !!

Indi Ian

I have noticed the same 6 of us were out and stopped for a brew the other Sunday when some bikers came over (i have the racefit growler) so its loud 🙉
Had one fella started gobbing off about the FTR doesn't know what its meant to be a said the back end was all wrong with the suspension on one side and that he bet it wont handle blah blah blah .
He asked us who's it was and I said mine , he then starts telling me that he has a BMW 1000rr
And it was a real weapon and he was banging on a out it in front of his mates and my mates when his mate said no fuckers looking at yours BMW though there looking at the Indian FTR stopped him dead as we all started laughing so I now have a new Friend called Frank from Yorkshire he couldn't of timed it any better .

Racefit will before sale in a few weeks Darkknight70 if you want loud ?

D

Deleted member 706

I put on about 180 K's today took the scenic route to have lunch with a bunch of deviates about 20 K's from home...

Timps27

Random conversation passing through IA and an old man asks me why I’m riding one of those crotch rocket bikes, my buddy immediately cuts him off “no sir, that’s an Indian made right here in Iowa”, changed the whole conversation real quick.

If attractive women enjoyed my FTR as much as beer bellied old men it would be much better!

S2Davies

Di about 150 miles round trip to an Indian riders meet up at the Ace Café today. Apart from the the last few miles of slow town traffic it turned out to a great day out. Lots of bikes, probably somethi ng to please most people...........even pet owners!

ACE 1.jpg

ace 9.jpg

ace 6.jpg

ace 7.jpg

ace 8.jpg

ace 4.jpg

Darkknight70

I have noticed the same 6 of us were out and stopped for a brew the other Sunday when some bikers came over (i have the racefit growler) so its loud 🙉
Had one fella started gobbing off about the FTR doesn't know what its meant to be a said the back end was all wrong with the suspension on one side and that he bet it wont handle blah blah blah .
He asked us who's it was and I said mine , he then starts telling me that he has a BMW 1000rr
And it was a real weapon and he was banging on a out it in front of his mates and my mates when his mate said no fuckers looking at yours BMW though there looking at the Indian FTR stopped him dead as we all started laughing so I now have a new Friend called Frank from Yorkshire he couldn't of timed it any better .

Racefit will before sale in a few weeks Darkknight70 if you want loud ?

Di about 150 miles round trip to an Indian riders meet up at the Ace Café today. Apart from the the last few miles of slow town traffic it turned out to a great day out. Lots of bikes, probably somethi ng to please most people...........even pet owners!

View attachment 3980

View attachment 3981

View attachment 3982

View attachment 3983

View attachment 3984

View attachment 3985
Was supposed to be doing imrg ride today, but having 360 miles on clock then doing a 300 mile round trip would have took me way over the 500 running in service☹️ looks like it was a good turnout hope the weather held out for you.

FTR London

View attachment 3980

View attachment 3981

View attachment 3982

View attachment 3983

View attachment 3984

View attachment 3985
Looks like some tasty Scout 'Moore-speed Racing' builds in there.

Was at the Bike Shed in Shoreditch yesterday and The Ace last Saturday. That was bold braving the traffic today during the biggest event at Wembley Stadium in over half a century!

S2Davies

Looks like some tasty Scout 'Moore-speed Racing' builds in there.

Was at the Bike Shed in Shoreditch yesterday and The Ace last Saturday. That was bold braving the traffic today during the biggest event at Wembley Stadium in over half a century!
Well..... it shows how brain dead I was, even when I was crawling along in the traffic, I was saying to myself "I can't believe how busy it is". I even passed a hotel where there was extreme security going on with lots of coned off lanes and cameras, and all I thought was "I wonder what's going on there" DERRRR :ROFLMAO:. I probably shouldn't be allowed out on my own .😃

EllenGtrGrl

I rode 25 miles (40 km) to work with mine today. There is a 30% chance of rain, but considering that we didn't get any last week, when we also had a 30% chance of rain, I decided to take my chances, and rode the FTR to work. Unfortunately, the closer I got to work, the grayer the skies became. I've taken a look at the weather radar off and on since I got to work, and I'm starting to see rain showers form here and there. I'm getting the sinking feeling that, this is going to be one of those days where I have a wet ride/commute home, despite the chance of rain only being 30%. :(

Last edited:

S2Davies

I rode 25 miles (40 km) to work with mine today. There is a 30% chance of rain, but considering that we didn't get any last week, when we also had a 30% chance of rain, I decided to take my chances, and rode the FTR to work. Unfortunately, the closer I got to work, the grayer the skies became. I've taken a look at the weather radar off and on since I got to work, and I'm starting to see rain showers form here and there. I'm getting the sinking feeling that, this is going to be one of those days where I have a wet ride/commute home,despite the chance of rain only being 30%. :(
Sorry to hear that its a misery. Anyone who says that time is a constant should try riding home when wet and cold, the hours and minutes are definitely a lot longer!

Charliemurphay

501 miles down to Iowa and back to visit the ancestral homeland. One flat rear tire but otherwise no issues. Had my repair kit handy and was back on the road 12 minutes later…don’t think I’ll trust this rear tire much longer though. Time to start shopping.9D13AE0C-59C7-4959-A2C6-B02E18A147CE.jpeg

6666484B-EEB5-4C4D-8775-1C698DE4931D.jpeg

Charliemurphay

This could last many thousands of miles still, that tire is nearly new!
You think? It’s got like 7k miles on it and it was very hot melty and flat when I pulled over so I worry about sidewall damage. It’ll run fine around town but I dunno that I wanna go to far from home with it. It’s profile is getting pretty flattened out too. I dunno I’m open to opinionsimage.jpg