Where did you ride your FTR today?

EllenGtrGrl

L
Sorry to hear that its a misery. Anyone who says that time is a constant should try riding home when wet and cold, the hours and minutes are definitely a lot longer!

Luckily the rain stayed away, and I had a dry ride home, despite the gray and ugly skies.

The same can't be said for the route I took home. If I'm running late in the morning, I'll take the freeway for my commute (since it's around 6 am, the traffic is bearable). Normally for my ride home, I take the back roads, to avoid rush hour traffic. I left work very late, and due to the crush of time, figuring that it was past the rush hour peak, I decided to use the freeway, to avoid dealing with traffic lights for the last several miles/kilometers of my commute. Ugh!! Never again!! Along with dealing with idiots, like "Ricky Racer/Fast 'n Furious Jr." in his "hot hatchback" who drove like he was street racing, or the driver in the Prius, with Illinois plates doing 90 mph/145 kph, and weaving in and out of traffic (LOVE the way he or she cut in front of me [I guess 75-80 mph/120-130 kph due to the level of traffic and vehicle congestion was "too slow" for him or her]), and the amount of vehicles making it a pain to even change lanes half the time, I think I'll put up with the traffic lights I have to deal with for the final leg of my commute, when I take the back roads home.

Unfortunately, it's foggy and rainy this morning - no riding into work for me. :(

cupcake_mike

You think? It’s got like 7k miles on it and it was very hot melty and flat when I pulled over so I worry about sidewall damage. It’ll run fine around town but I dunno that I wanna go to far from home with it. It’s profile is getting pretty flattened out too. I dunno I’m open to opinionsView attachment 4005

What tire is that? I'm lucky to get 5k out of mine (and its showing belts at 5).

EllenGtrGrl

A nice "goodbye for now" ride on my FTR, late yesterday after work, due to me having to put it in storage for the next month and a half. Why? Well, construction work is being done on my apartment building starting next week, till possibly through the end of August (to deal with damage to the building caused by the drainage time under the foundation falling apart [the building's 45 years old]). So, no indoor parking will be available until the construction work is done. To keep my FTR from being out in the weather 24/7, and reduce the chance of it being stolen, I've made arrangements with the dealership I bought it from (Indian Motorcycle of Metro MIlwaukee) to have it stored there (the battery will be on a tender, thank goodness). They are coming with the truck to pick up my FTR today (I'll be leaving work within the next hour or so, to drive home, and hand it off to them - I don't feel like having to take an Uber home if I ride the FTR1200 to the dealer for storage). It sucks that I won;t be able to ride for the next month and a half, but hey, the apartment building needs to be taken care of.

mark.lb

EllenGtrGrl: Not really any of my business - but - Why not find another apartment in the Milwaukee area? One that better accommodates you and your motorcycle lifestyle.

Reactions: K9F

EllenGtrGrl

EllenGtrGrl: Not really any of my business - but - Why not find another apartment in the Milwaukee area? One that better accommodates you and your motorcycle lifestyle.

Hi Mark,

I'd have to break my lease (which I renewed in May), and wouldn't want to pay the penalty. Bisides, I do like my location - I'm central to everything I do (even nice back roads for spirited riding, are pretty close to me), and my apartment is nice. I generally haven't had issues where I live - I just wish I would have been given a bit more advanced warning, about the construction work. As it is, my FTR was picked up yesterday, and is in safe keeping until the construction work is done. Am I going to miss riding it? Yes, though it's not the end of the world for me. I have other things I also do, when I'm not at work. I'm an avid reader, musician (I've been playing guitar for 42 years [some of that time was in rock bands - nowadays because it's such a hassle to get into a band at age 57. I mainly get my band fix playing in the church band of a local Catholic church]), and I also have a Ham Radio license (I've had it since I was a teenager). The current riding situation is annoying, but that's life.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
A nice "goodbye for now" ride on my FTR, late yesterday after work, due to me having to put it in storage for the next month and a half. Why? Well, construction work is being done on my apartment building starting next week, till possibly through the end of August (to deal with damage to the building caused by the drainage time under the foundation falling apart [the building's 45 years old]). So, no indoor parking will be available until the construction work is done. To keep my FTR from being out in the weather 24/7, and reduce the chance of it being stolen, I've made arrangements with the dealership I bought it from (Indian Motorcycle of Metro MIlwaukee) to have it stored there (the battery will be on a tender, thank goodness). They are coming with the truck to pick up my FTR today (I'll be leaving work within the next hour or so, to drive home, and hand it off to them - I don't feel like having to take an Uber home if I ride the FTR1200 to the dealer for storage). It sucks that I won;t be able to ride for the next month and a half, but hey, the apartment building needs to be taken care of.
Just disconnect the battery. The antigravity batteries require a special tender.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes, but when its in storage, the dealer may not know its needed when they are swapping tenders from bike to bike, as a lot of them have standard tenders, since thats what most bikes need.

EllenGtrGrl

Yes, but when its in storage, the dealer may not know its needed when they are swapping tenders from bike to bike, as a lot of them have standard tenders, since thats what most bikes need.

I did give the service guy an f.y.i. that my FTR has a lithium ion battery in, and therefore cnnot use a standard battery tender. I was told they use lithium ion compatible tenders.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I would still disconnect it to avoid any issues. The anti gravity will hold a fool charge for up to a year disconnected.