Which Tune!? Fuel Moto vs Lloyds Garage

Max Kool

I wonder how much of it has to do with atmospheric conditions. For example, I live at sea level in temperature that runs from high 50s to mid 80s typically. My bike had zero issues with the stock exhaust including cold start etcetera. I only tuned it after replacing the cat and muffler. I see people in 4 season areas talking about keeping it running when cold or choppy throttle response.
Every ECU automatically corrects for ambient temperature and pressure. In any bike or car.

Wayne

None that I've encountered. I will be riding in the Sierra this week at elevations up to 9,000 feet which will be cooler and much less air but I expect it will run great as it has so far.

Max Kool

Oh I thought you said you still had the occasional flame out. The last time I had that (once or twice) was with V3 or V4, well over a year ago…

Wayne

No, I actually called Ryan to tell him that he nailed it in V6. I love the way the bike runs now.

edgelett

I can't compare to the FM PV-3 since I never tried it but I have tried a couple of Lloyd tunes for PV-3 and while there was improvement I still experienced the occasional flame outs down shifting for a corner which can be really unsafe and it was not as smooth either. I assume since the PV-3 doesn't have unrestricted access to the ECU's memory and registers the FM would be similar. From what I know of the bench tune which is very little I would equate it to a low level format of a disk drive
sorry Wayne based on this pos I think we all thought you were still getting issues..
Glad the bench tune has fixed it :)

Wayne

I apologize if I confused anyone I just completed a 10 day trip from Maui today and may still be under the influence of the Mai Tai's :cool: . I'm very happy with the bike now. The journey to get here and the money it cost was well spent.

addfrench

Hey everyone, I just purchased a stock 2019 with the Akro upswept high exhaust. Reading only just now about things like the stalling issue that others seem to be experiencing, and I'm a bit worried about it. I'm reading that a tune will fix it, but I know next to nothing about tuning the bike. Is there a 101 forum post or something somewhere that details which tune I should seek out, and how to do the install? What additional components do I need? I'd love to fix this before it becomes an issue on the road. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks!

Wayne

Personally I would determine what after market performance components you are going to install and go straight to a bench tune designed with those parts in mind. I went down the path of installing maps from a PV-3 and only got so far. The bench tune got me where i needed to go. Had I started there I would have saved a good amount of money and time.

tarifa76

Mi modelo base tenía todos los problemas de combustible y algunos más. Leí todo lo que pude encontrar sobre las dos opciones y opté por el Lloydz V6. Es una especie de opción sin despeinarse y sin complicaciones. Subí a Lowell, NC y sacó la ECU en el estacionamiento. Menos de 30 minutos después, me dirigía a casa. Es como una bicicleta diferente ahora.

Estoy seguro de que FM es igualmente bueno. Lanza una moneda.
me podrías dar el Facebook de loydz por favor?

tarifa76

necesito que me ayuden con mi problema, tengo una ftr del 2019 tiene un arranque muy malo en frio, la moto acelera sola a veces y pega tirones cuando va en una velocidad sostenida a que es debido? como puedo arreglarlo? la moto esta en garantia pero en el concesionbario no saben arreglarlo he leido que power vision 3 tiene varios flash de la ecu de la moto que soluciona el problema esto es verdad? le ha pasado lo mismo a alguien mas?

Snakum

Screenshot_20210531-034548_Chrome.jpg

Whoa! Considering my meager Spanish skills from working as a security contractor in Central America many years ago are long forgotten ... I'm pretty sure I didn't write that. :ROFLMAO:

good afternoon guys, wanted to ask you if anyone knows anything about powervision3 from fuelmoto procedure with uploading the right tune!

i have placed an order of the powervision 3,the link pipe to my s&s slip on and waiting for them to arrive through the mail (very excited )

what I have understood so far is that when the package comes and do all the connections of the slip on with the link pipe etc. you turn on the key of the bike and you let the powervision to do the read on the bike.
then what do I have to do?

send my bike version to fuelmoto , let them know that I have the s&s with the link pipe ( so no cat ) and they send me back the appropriate tune to flash?

does this procedure take a lot of time to receive the tune from fuelmoto?

any ideas if the fuelmoto's tune is a great tune?

thank you for your time,
Panos.

Mlazarus

I went through this exact procedure. Super simple. I installed the cat delete and SS slip on. Hooked up the PV3, read the ECU and sent it to Fuel Moto. About 2 or 3 days later I got the tune which has been working well. Prior to the Fuel Moto tune I tried some from PowerVisions site and was not impressed. I only did that because I was bored and wanted to play around. I also downloaded the PV software so I could play around with the tune. However, the one from Fuel Moto was as good or better than anything I could produce without a dyno. It's really simple to up load and then install the tunes from the PV3.

I went through this exact procedure. Super simple. I installed the cat delete and SS slip on. Hooked up the PV3, read the ECU and sent it to Fuel Moto. About 2 or 3 days later I got the tune which has been working well. Prior to the Fuel Moto tune I tried some from PowerVisions site and was not impressed. I only did that because I was bored and wanted to play around. I also downloaded the PV software so I could play around with the tune. However, the one from Fuel Moto was as good or better than anything I could produce without a dyno. It's really simple to up load and then install the tunes from the PV3.
I was thinking the same thing, to upload the one from powervision website until the fulemoto's kicks in the mail. so far have you seen any difference with the horsepower?speed?cold starts?
does the bike seems to be more aggressive in a sense?

Mlazarus

I was thinking the same thing, to upload the one from powervision website until the fulemoto's kicks in the mail. so far have you seen any difference with the horsepower?speed?cold starts?
does the bike seems to be more aggressive in a sense?
Huge difference in cold starts (although I live in a perfect, year round climate) and smoothness. The PV3 tunes felt choppy. The Fuel Moto seems to blend well with my bike. Very smooth throttle response, like pouring water compared to the stock and Power Vision tunes.
As for horsepower, I cannot tell the difference. I think to really notice a horsepower increase, one would need more than 5 or so ponies. Same for the subjective aggressiveness. I can tell you that I have surprised myself and the motoring public on occasion when pulling away from a stop light produced an incidental wheelie. I've since learned to moderate better unless a,wheelie is the desired result.

Huge difference in cold starts (although I live in a perfect, year round climate) and smoothness. The PV3 tunes felt choppy. The Fuel Moto seems to blend well with my bike. Very smooth throttle response, like pouring water compared to the stock and Power Vision tunes.
As for horsepower, I cannot tell the difference. I think to really notice a horsepower increase, one would need more than 5 or so ponies. Same for the subjective aggressiveness. I can tell you that I have surprised myself and the motoring public on occasion when pulling away from a stop light produced an incidental wheelie. I've since learned to moderate better unless a,wheelie is the desired result.
That traffic light wheelie's are the best! Hahaha
Thank you so much Mlazarus for your time!
i ll probably wait for 2-3 days till I receive the fuelmoto tune..
maybe later on open it in the app and see what adjustments they have edited from the factory one and maybe in the future try to adjust it a little bit.

and also I cant wait for let the speed limit free !
i don't like the idea having this speed limit even that I will never reach the max speed