WTF...need advice.

RiverRat

So I went for a ride today. Totaling around 300 miles and on the way home mid curve at about 80 my bike cuts out. Almost stalls but it didn’t. Went way down in rpm’s like it was gonna die gave it gas and it spit and sputtered and then it died so I pulled over. Wldnt start back up. Sit there for a minute turn it off and back on and thankfully started back up. The engine light is on but it won’t let me see the diagnostics page on the menu so idk wats wrong?? Any one else experience this problem? Gonna go see dealer Friday see what can be done

BoomBoom

Had a similar experience but on a straight. So far one time deal and the only thing I can think may have caused it was I filled fuel into the neck.

RiverRat

Well shit. I didn’t fill it up any more than usual tho. Do u have to go to dealer to get engine light off?

Scarecrow

Has your bike had the circuit breaker recall done?

Manufacturer Recall Number I-19-05-B

NHTSA Recall Number XXXXXX

Recall Status Recall Incomplete

Summary INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS IDENTIFIED SOME 2019 INDIAN FTR 1200 MOTORCYCLES BUILT FROM 2/12/2019 THROUGH 7/31/2019 MAY HAVE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS THAT DO NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED CIRCUIT BREAKERS DO NOT MEET FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY CAUSE AN ENGINE TO UNEXPECTEDLY STOP RUNNING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Safety Risk INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS IDENTIFIED SOME 2019 INDIAN FTR 1200 MOTORCYCLES BUILT FROM 2/12/2019 THROUGH 7/31/2019 MAY HAVE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS THAT DO NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED CIRCUIT BREAKERS DO NOT MEET FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY CAUSE AN ENGINE TO UNEXPECTEDLY STOP RUNNING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy DEALER TO REPLACE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS

Manufacturer's Notes INDIAN MOTORCYCLE RECALL I-19-05-B

RiverRat

Yes. They sent them in the mail and I replaced them. Three lil fuses right? If one of them blew wldnt it stay messed up and not run fine after I turned it off?

Scarecrow

Yes, they look like micro fuses but taller. Unlike fuses though they’ll reset the connection automatically after a little bit. First thing that came to mind when you mentioned it wouldn’t start back up until it sat for a minute. I’d get that check engine light read and go from there then since you’ve replaced those already. BACA848F-5E8A-481C-96FC-99D56F38355D.jpeg45F049CA-3E6E-477C-96A3-1DB12AD0457D.jpeg

LoudFTR

I had an issue with my new S model at 300 miles. Accelerating through a corner and bike died. Sketchy to say the least. Here was the code. I'm over 600 miles now and it has not reoccurred. I am assuming that it has to do with the lean angle traction control. I had over 3,000 miles on my base model without this issue.

Attachments

• 20201003_132507.jpg
    25.5 MB · Views: 13

BoomBoom

Well shit. I didn’t fill it up any more than usual tho. Do u have to go to dealer to get engine light off?
Bought ours in June ish. Bike died and after a minute it ran fine. No codes. It did act stupid after refueling before it died. So far no other issues, about 1k miles.

D

Deleted member 677

Quite a few people have had this problem. There's a thread here specifically for it. I have had it happened several times. I believe it's a tune issue and I am waiting for someone to come up with an aftermarket tune that corrects it. Indian doesn't have a clue and neither will your dealer. Unless it's a one off specific problem to your bike then it is the same problem others are having like myself. Sad to say but I'm getting quick at flipping the start switch without even looking while going down the road. They really need to sort this out though!

RiverRat

Quite a few people have had this problem. There's a thread here specifically for it. I have had it happened several times. I believe it's a tune issue and I am waiting for someone to come up with an aftermarket tune that corrects it. Indian doesn't have a clue and neither will your dealer. Unless it's a one off specific problem to your bike then it is the same problem others are having like myself. Sad to say but I'm getting quick at flipping the start switch without even looking while going down the road. They really need to sort this out though!
I agree. Absolutely no reason a bike like this should have these problems. Kinda sad about it. Love the bike when it acts right

D

Deleted member 677

I agree. Absolutely no reason a bike like this should have these problems. Kinda sad about it. Love the bike when it acts right
I have had bikes that cost half as much but run perfect. Indian acted like the drug companies. Put it on the market, and sort it out, after using the public as lab rats. I love the bike. But for the first time since I started riding, I don't look forward to getting on my bike. Between the cold start dying issues and the stalling while driving, I end up waxing more than riding. Get us a secret sauce 2.0 Ryan!

Max Kool

I had an issue with my new S model at 300 miles. Accelerating through a corner and bike died. Sketchy to say the least. Here was the code. I'm over 600 miles now and it has not reoccurred. I am assuming that it has to do with the lean angle traction control. I had over 3,000 miles on my base model without this issue.
P1530, that’s a shitty (very Polaris!) one.

Mine did that once. I stopped for a minute, never came back.

Massimo

I have had bikes that cost half as much but run perfect. Indian acted like the drug companies. Put it on the market, and sort it out, after using the public as lab rats. I love the bike. But for the first time since I started riding, I don't look forward to getting on my bike. Between the cold start dying issues and the stalling while driving, I end up waxing more than riding. Get us a secret sauce 2.0 Ryan!
Using the public as lab rats :ROFLMAO:(y)