Yammie Noob rides DanDanTheFireman's FTR1200 S - Ride Review

Max Kool

Yeah, different tires make a very noticeable difference

oh and removing the license plate bracket too btw, that’s 6 lbs or so hanging off the end of the swingarm, go figure...

D

Deleted member 192

Didn't seem like he really gets this bike. If you look at the guys buying it, they are much more mature riders, in both age and experience. They also have the scrilla to have other bikes as well.
I have an R1 as extra. Not so much for the different ride but more for nostalgia, kinda a throw back to my youth.
My FTR shifts fine, why would I need a quick shifter?
I see it like this, the R1 does it's best work over 100mph on a real race track. The FTR does it's best work below 100 on real roads. Wonder which one I will use to the fullest and more often?
I see a real deal cruiser in my future. Even tho, I think it's the FTR for the win!

D

Deleted member 192

I guess I am unfamiliar with the operation of this device.

D

Deleted member 192

I only said the first line. The rest of that foolish drivel came from someone else as I have NEVER respected HD.
Always Indian. ALWAYS.

mark.lb

Yammie Noob is an idiot. Don’t believe me, watch the video of him running head on into a Porsche
after he crossed the center lines with a knee down. He is lucky to still be alive. I purchased the Indian FTR because I wanted an American made sport bike. (Not race bike). I fell in love with the style and look of the the FTR. The fit and finish is first rate. Most of the components are extremely high quality and have not been seen previously on American motorcycles. I am 61 yrs old. 5 years ago I had a massive heart attack. I now live and ride with a pacemaker. Every day I get on a motorcycle is a BLESSING. My “ride fast at all cost“ days are behind me. Track days are behind me. The FTR 1200 is a great bike for the type of riding “I“do. 120hp, 85 ft/lbs torque, excellent suspension and brakes, IMU lean angle sensitive traction control, ABS, a rain mode, and wheelie mitigation.
I live my motorcycle life between 40-80 mph for 99% of my ride time. This bike thrives in that zone. Believe me I could purchase just about any motorcycle on the planet. Right now I am having a great time aboard my Indian FTR!

K9F

Yammie noob has changed a lot since, a lot. I give him credit for that. He was an idiot a few years ago. Not anymore.

I liked Mark.lb's post above as it struck a chord. As one get's older and the value of one's mortality is realised and comes to the fore, people change, mature, value and nurture that mortality a bit more! Obviously for Yammie noob from Max's post this proves the point perhaps or not from his line crossing antics dependent on perspective? I haven't watched the test ride above as it would be 22 minutes of my life wasted having committed to an FTR which is currently not 10 yards away.

Last edited:

edgelett

people can change. its why my other half sold his MV Agusta and bought a Harley.
he realised after an incident here in the Adelaide hills where he was very lucky to not be hit by oncoming traffic that the MV had ability beyond his own, and he would end up either dead or in prison at the speeds he was doing.
He got the Roadster to slow himself down, and it's done exactly that - try and turn corners at the same speed and you scrape pegs.
he now very much enjoys riding at more sensible speeds & taking in the scenery.
He wasn't old when he made this choice - he was only 40.

Max Kool

Ha! I’ll be the first to admit I was a yamminoob (or actually, Handonoob) too in my late 20’s. Totalled two bikes in three months, nearly killed myself and broke my spine.

So yeah, from then on I always keep a margin...

Last edited:

edgelett

glad you're ok Max.
Tony didn't actually ever crash, but he did get so close to hitting an emu he recons he could see the fleas on it, and he also had an incident where some wanker parked their car in the middle of his lane on a blind corner so they could take a photo and he had to go between their car and arse at ludicrus speed. it was when he got home from that ride he told me he was selling the MV and getting something slower.