what u guys recommend to use for tune with the akrapovic header

Attachments

• 71779929243__6361F5B2-F32D-4FC7-A217-8948ACDF4321.jpeg
    71779929243__6361F5B2-F32D-4FC7-A217-8948ACDF4321.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It does fit. You just need to change the rear exhaust mount and you loose ground / lean angle clearance with it is all.

Tripack

Not at all I don’t know why they say it don’t fit the newer models it fits just fine
I am wondering what to believe, as I am about to buy one set of these Akrapovic headers for my 22 Carbon R...
I hear both that they dont fit and that they fit... (without changing anything)...
What is the truth? Who did actually install one of these headers on his 22-23?
On the picture, a guy in France who fitted them (with the high mount pipe)...
Did he have to use a hammer? Did he have to swap the rear exhaust OEM pipe from a 22 to a 19?

Attachments

• Akra headers with high mount on a 22 FTR.jpg
    Akra headers with high mount on a 22 FTR.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 20

Tripack

Hi GSXR 1000
Looks like you welded shut one of the double AKRA muffler exit pipe on your setup?
Did you remove the inner baffle on the remaining silencer to compensate for the flow?

Tripack

It does fit. You just need to change the rear exhaust mount and you loose ground / lean angle clearance with it is all.
So apart from the fitment (pending question mark), in the end you lose ground clearance with the AKRA headers?
It's not as good (tucked in and high) as with the TOCE headers?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Correct. The akra is modeled after the 2019 header. Since the 2022+ bikes are lower it’s even worse. And they will drag.

irsh

I can see the draw of the Akrapovic header. Less $$ than the Toce, and titainium. Hell the full stainless/ti system for my Africa Twin was less than the Toce header. :unsure:

irsh

And provides zero performance gain over the stock head
I assume you mean the Akrapovic? I haven't seen any dyno numbers though the website lists gains.
The reason for me replacing the head-pipe on a '22+ is to remove the welded-on resonator and add a can and tune.

Tripack

Gains probably due to the no-cat installation... as with most systems.
That said, Akrapovic's quality is just top notch...

irsh

Gains probably due to the no-cat installation... as with most systems.
That said, Akrapovic's quality is just top notch...
They are usually my "go-to" but I'm willing to look at others, like Toce, if the value is there.

American

Thought it was interesting that no fuel mapping is needed according to rev-zilla but it says you can use a fuel controller.

Definitely would like to see a graph on this exhaust.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No fuel mapping is because it’s the same as the oem header with a cat delete. Many posts from 2019 show info

American

If there is no change in the fuel mapping does it really make any extra hp?
I’ve not seen a dyno of just a cat delete that didn’t basically lose a lot of midrange and maybe add a few hp at the peak. If that’s the case I personally wouldn’t bother spending the money there vs a Toce setup.