FTR sudden deads collection

Murdock

No Sir, no hot engine stalling on intersections, traffic lights or other situations. It ran smooth and inconspicous ... until it tried to kill me:devilish:.
I have no feedback from Indian so far, maybe I can tell more at a later point in time.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yep, sadly it had to go, its how forums get shut down. When you post copyright manuals that you have to pay for, manufactures will go after the forum. Owners manuals are different since they are free to view on the manufactures website.

We went though this on the last forum, the owner of this forum also owns.

tet02

F.F.S. That's a piss poor attitude for Indian to adopt, especially considering the workshop manual isn't even available to buy. At least not over here in Oz. The dealer couldn't get one for me, and he only sent me this so I could do the maintenance myself cause he's 1500 kilometres away.
Toshiba does the same thing with the workshop manuals for their laptops, you cannot get one for love or money. An Aussie guy has a website where he posts any laptop manuals he gets his hands on, anyone can log on and download for free, he doesn't make a brass razoo out of it. He got a couple toshiba manuals somehow, posted them online and Toshiba was onto him. They're the only company to threaten him with copyright infringement. Why, because they dont want you fixing it yourself.
It's disappointing discovering that Indian is just another faceless corporation with a gaggle of lawyers threatening lawsuits for the slightest infringement on their "intellectual property". It's a piss weak stance to take, and for me at least its one more issue that's taking the shine off my FTR.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You wont find maintenance manuals on any forum, automotive or motorcycle.

The maintenance manual Part number is 9929391. You can find it online from various sellers.

Indian took it off their website, im guessing because they are updating it.

tet02

Yep, sadly it had to go, its how forums get shut down. When you post copyright manuals that you have to pay for, manufactures will go after the forum. Owners manuals are different since they are free to view on the manufactures website.

We went though this on the last forum, the owner of this forum also owns.
Sorry mate, I'm not having a go at you.
This is all about the the grasping greedy corporate hyenas that obviously run the show.
Who ultimately owns indian anyway? I'll bet its a small cog in a big wheel of shares available on the stock exchange.
Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't alter the fact that riding roughshod over the people that support your product will ultimately cost them.

K9F

You wont find maintenance manuals on any forum, automotive or motorcycle.

Still one bit left elsewhere - FTR torques. One down another to go Ferraiolo 1. Go do your stuff before the “forum gets shut down.” 😢

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
a bit of me dies every time i have to do it.

nothing i can do about members email each other back and fourth attaching files.. wink wink

Fuse5

Still one bit left elsewhere - FTR torques. ..
a bit of me dies every time i have to do it.

nothing i can do about members email each other back and fourth attaching files.. wink wink

ups.. thats´sad. Whats wrong with a torque table which belongs in every FTR garage (the Polaris sign ?)
I´ll try it again and type my own one .. (or copy this bloo.. paper without registered names)

Last edited:

SURLY

Getting back to what this thread was actually about my fuses (3) sent by my dealer arrived yesterday and fitted this morning with dialectric grease so when I finally get out on it there should be no nasty stalls.So far I have lost 4 months of my warranty compliments of fcuking CV19:(

K9F

So far I have lost 4 months of my warranty compliments of fcuking CV19:(

We’ve only been on lockdown Since 23 March how do you work the four months out unless of course you are of Chinese descent and are manipulating the figures?

Go get a ‘key worker’ position you too can ride the bike with impunity on empty roads and not lose a single moment of your warranty.

😎(y)

Last edited:

JDP

Hi friends,

I want to open this thread to collect issues with suddenly dying engines by whatever matters (except running out of fuel :) ).

Reason: I dropped my bike because of this issue! My engine died without any warning during cornering, no chance to pull clutch. Engine stopped the rearwheel and I touched down.

After the crash an engine error code for the gear sensor showed up but disappeared after a few unsuccessful tries to start the engine. Until that: No reaction on pushing the Start button. After that: Only the magnet switch of the starter clicked.The dealer figured out later that the battery was dead. But: I charged the battery over night before the trip and drove about 90 kilometers. The dealer read out the codes from the bike and there was only an event from the lean sensor (caused by the crash) but NOT the gear sensor error that I saw before.

This thread is for collecting similar strange sudden deads because I am afraid I will have a longer discussion with Indian about this and look for other "victims". This all happens 10 days ago and not much has happened since. Luckily I have not done any customizing on the FTR yet beside a RAM mount.

Thanks
I was told by another Indian rider that the dealership told him to keep his bike on a battery tender as much as he can , something about 3 different computers drawing power all the time , I never checked into this but if I’m not riding everyday I keep my on a tender just Incase, the dealership is closed but as soon as they open up I’ll find out about this

Max Kool

Yeah they all say that, but I still have a question. Why doesn’t the bike “forget” anything from its brain if you disconnect the battery?