FTR sudden deads collection

K9F

I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a convenient electrical outlet and a tender (not charger) how much mither is it to hook it up? Not much! It is better to hook it up to a tender than not hook it up at all regardless if the bike has 3 or 30 'pooters' drawing or not drawing any current.

In answer to Max which is a direct cut and paste.....I remembered the 'Non Volatile Memory' bit from my degree too many years ago and subsequently looked it up out of revigorated interest. There's life in the Old Dog yet!

Non-volatile memory (NVM) or non-volatile storage is a type of computer memory that can retrieve stored information even after having been power cycled. In contrast, volatile memory needs constant power in order to retain data. Examples of non-volatile memory include flash memory, read-only memory (ROM), ferroelectric RAM, most types of magnetic computer storage devices (e.g. hard disk drives, floppy disks, and magnetic tape), optical discs, and early computer storage methods such as paper tape and punched cards.

Max Kool

I know that, every “modern” bike and car has NVM, to store total mileage for instance.

(I’m a computer guy ;) )

Last edited:

Murdock

@Murdock .. some more news about?

Still no update. Talked to the dealer again yesterday but he got no feedback from the Indian regional manager.
Meanwhile my frustration is growing and I start thinking that they may communicate a bit more motivated to a lawyer instead of me ....

I was told by another Indian rider that the dealership told him to keep his bike on a battery tender as much as he can.
Good point but my bike was on a tender. The battery was fully charged but empty 1.5 hours and 80 kilometers later.

Fuse5

Still no update. Talked to the dealer again yesterday but he got no feedback from the Indian regional manager.
Meanwhile my frustration is growing..

Agree and sorry for ! (wonder why it takes that time, they know that prob` as i saw at the net )
Just mind to get any info about because i dont know how they handle/share this case´s over here.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I was told by another Indian rider that the dealership told him to keep his bike on a battery tender as much as he can , something about 3 different computers drawing power all the time , I never checked into this but if I’m not riding everyday I keep my on a tender just Incase, the dealership is closed but as soon as they open up I’ll find out about this
This is just the dealer making excuses for a weak battery. Mine sits in an Unheated Garage for weeks during the winter, not on a tender and it always starts.
It’s a well known issue some batteries are weaker than others. They should change it

edgelett

I was told by another Indian rider that the dealership told him to keep his bike on a battery tender as much as he can , something about 3 different computers drawing power all the time , I never checked into this but if I’m not riding everyday I keep my on a tender just Incase, the dealership is closed but as soon as they open up I’ll find out about this
My dealer said to keep it on a tender if i'm not going to ride it regularly, and if you check the manual it says to keep it on a tender if you will go 2 weeks without riding it.

SURLY

We’ve only been on lockdown Since 23 March how do you work the four months out unless of course you are of Chinese descent and are manipulating the figures?

Go get a ‘key worker’ position you too can ride the bike with impunity on empty roads and not lose a single moment of your warranty.

😎(y)
Got bike in december and it rained all month then january then february I do not enjoy riding in the rain the bike gets dirty and I cannot push it I have read these tyres are piss poor in the wet I am retired so cannot claim key worker status and would not do so as I would consider myself to be taking the piss out of people who are in the firing line.

K9F

As an addition the OEM tyres are fine if you ride the bike within your own limitations and that of the machine itself. We don’t have tar snakes or grated roads. Last September I rode for the best part of 3 hours on German Autobahns where the speed was reduced to 25 mph due to so much torrential rain and standing water, they never let go and felt comfortable handling what was being thrown at them. I am still on the standard map and circuit breakers and have very little to worry or moan about.....Why? Because generally forums contain very little good news and I use my own judgement and don’t fret about rumour, conjecture or hearsay. Makes life less complicated and stress less. Hope you get to enjoy your FTRs as much as I do mine. It was and is a great machine although I have added other personal touches with the latest ‘must haves’ that I didn’t really need as have many others.

SURLY

As an addition the OEM tyres are fine if you ride the bike within your own limitations and that of the machine itself. We don’t have tar snakes or grated roads. Last September I rode for the best part of 3 hours on German Autobahns where the speed was reduced to 25 mph due to so much torrential rain and standing water, they never let go and felt comfortable handling what was being thrown at them. I am still on the standard map and circuit breakers and have very little to worry or moan about.....Why? Because generally forums contain very little good news and I use my own judgement and don’t fret about rumour, conjecture or hearsay. Makes life less complicated and stress less. Hope you get to enjoy your FTRs as much as I do mine. It was and is a great machine although I have added other personal touches with the latest ‘must haves’ that I didn’t really need as have many others.
Glad to hear the tyres gave you no problems did change my fuses no problems with them but the dealer sent them so fitted them anyway 10 min job the only thing I have whinged about was the fueling mine needed 3 mins idling before it would run without stalling and I would rather start it up gently then ride it gently till up to temp rather leave it thudding away on tick over for three mins it also seems a long time when you are standing about.

tet02

hey where are you located?
I'm in Adelaide :)
Hi, sorry mate just saw your message, I'm up in Cairns North Qld.
Bit cool on the scoot down your way at the moment I'd imagine.
Couple questions; did your FTR suffer with cold and hot stalls and surging?
If so, did you get the standard Indian reflash and throttle body recalibration?
I read on one of your posts you were doing a tune yourself, how did that go and how does it affect warranty here in Oz?

Max Kool

Literally the only good way to get rid of surging between 3 and 4k seems to be a reflash with a tune from Ryan of Indian Charlotte. 👍🏻

edgelett

Couple questions; did your FTR suffer with cold and hot stalls and surging?
If so, did you get the standard Indian reflash and throttle body recalibration?
I read on one of your posts you were doing a tune yourself, how did that go and how does it affect warranty here in Oz?
yes mate I had hot and cold stalls and surging.
nope havent had an indian reflash or throttle body calibration, didn't even know they are options in Aus my understanding is the indian reflash doesn't fix it anyway.
I bought a PV3 and tune from Ryan Randall in the USA and tuned the bike and it made an incredible difference. as for warranty, I'm not worried. I can flash it back to stock if I need.

tet02

yes mate I had hot and cold stalls and surging.
nope havent had an indian reflash or throttle body calibration, didn't even know they are options in Aus my understanding is the indian reflash doesn't fix it anyway.
I bought a PV3 and tune from Ryan Randall in the USA and tuned the bike and it made an incredible difference. as for warranty, I'm not worried. I can flash it back to stock if I need.
Thanks for getting back to me.
The general consensus on the forum seems to be that the " Indian Reflash aint all that flash", (pardon the pun). But it's booked in so I'll get it done if for no other reason than to satisfy the warranty guy down south.
If it does sweet F.A. I'll get Ryan of Indian Charlotte to Harry Potter it to peak performance.
[email protected] if you want private chat, (wink wink, nudge, nudge).
Cheers