MotoGP

FTR London

quite a few people did actually. his riding style has always been win it or bin it, he tended to never want to settle for points if he wasn't going to be on the podium.

I really respect him as a talented rider, but I worry the last 2 years of injuries and quite a few serious blows to the head haven't taken their toll on him.
2019 seemed to usher in an new 'thinking Marc' in terms of his race management. You could never really describe the Márquez approach to racing as conservative or pragmatic, but we definitely saw a more measured Marc Márquez in which he wouldn't go balls out for every win if the bike was pleading him not to. That is until Jerez 2020, having miraculously charged through the pack from 16th, sensed victory with three and a half laps remaining and a likely unassailable gap to Quartararo. He's returned - but his uncanny ability to defy physics appears to have been left behind at Turn 3 Circuito de Jerez-Ángel Nieto, Jerez.

This latest episode of diplopia is not as serious as the first, and next week a second check up will determine the evolution of the accident and what recovery period is necessary. If once again, he's not listening to what the bike is telling him, he now needs to listen to his body instead.

Webby

I saw a news story saying 93 was retiring but now cannot find a word of it. I hope I was wrong.

FTR London

I saw a news story saying 93 was retiring but now cannot find a word of it. I hope I was wrong.
The fact you can't find it tells you all you need to know. Expected back for COTA.

Good circuit this, it flows - Assen-esque

Two great races from Moto 3 and Moto 2 - nasty off for Aldeguer.

The Aprilia RSGP doing everything this weekend that factory Ducati should be doing. Turns well, rocket in a straight line. Congrats to Aleix - indomitable, untouchable all weekend. That's your concessions in the bin though son. First GP win in 200 attempts and Aprilia - first in the premier class. The work that lad's put in - hard to think of a more deserving win. Was the only rider on the grid that had never won a GP.

Aprilia - hand Massimo Rivola that blank cheque immediately. What a transformation.

Aleix Espargaró and Aprilia leading the world championship?? You what? Today reminded me of Danilo at Mugello and Rossi at Welkom first outing on the M1. Raw emotion. Great to see the interview in Parc Fermé delayed by his call to his family, then break off to hug Pol. Wonderful stuff.

Miller, Martin wants your bike.

Fonsi Nieto - the Romano Fenati of his day - delighted with that result. Jorge's season finally underway.

Fifteen different winners in the last thirty one races. Great to see so many different riders and manufacturers contesting race wins and podiums. Depressing that the first six riders until Pol crashed out and Mav dropped back out were all Spanish - and that's in the absence of Marc. for the first quarter of the race, leading seven out of top ten were all Spanish riders. Really need to challenge this monopoly through an influx of new talent from around the world. Get Chantra on an RCV - what a character.

edgelett

Just caught up on the race, wow last 10 laps were great. so happy for Aleix and Aprilia, can't believe they're leading the championship. Such a hard road to get there and you could tell how much it meant to him.

was wonderful to see Pol come out and give him a hug and congratulate him too.

I feel for Jackass.

one thing we noticed was how hard the suspension was working on the track, COTA is even worse in terms of road surface so I expect that to take a few by surprise.

If MM is back for that race I don't think he'll be up to his usual standard.

Helge

Every race the podium is a surprise.
I think there will be no dominant rider in this season.

Congrats to AE .... earns now the result of his and Aprilia (long times painful) work 👍 👏

edgelett

Facing the prospect of multiple boycotts - most conspicuously from F1 and MotoGP, resurfacing work for the new season commenced last January.
yeah I don't know how good the resurface is. I've seen some comments that it's not up to scratch but I guess we'll find out on the weekend

Helge

MM93 back on track with a Honda CBR600RR after a positive doc date....chance of a start at COTA 👍