Ride command has water in it just some pictures

59Belair

The bike has 4500 miles on it. The first time I contacted Polaris it was 4 months out of warranty.
This started before it was out of warranty and some of them got replaced on bikes with 400 miles Polaris knows it was a problem from day one.
I love the bike but hate companies that don't appreciate the people who pay them.
I just want them to replace it when it's available.
Why are they not available ?
Were that many replaced ?

Breto

The bike has 4500 miles on it. The first time I contacted Polaris it was 4 months out of warranty.
This started before it was out of warranty and some of them got replaced on bikes with 400 miles Polaris knows it was a problem from day one.
I love the bike but hate companies that don't appreciate the people who pay them.
I just want them to replace it when it's available.
Why are they not available ?
Were that many replaced ?
Covid, delivery problems, Ukrainian conflict…you name it…

59Belair

My road king had a cracked head pipe a year out of warranty the dealership replaced it didn't bat an eye, my Hayabusa had a bad fuel injector out of warranty they fixed it. It a small price to pay vs loosing a customer.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
my Yamaha blew up its rotor and frames cracked in half and Yamaha didn’t honor anything.they knew it was such an issue they came out with new part number updated parts.

and everything is on back order due to the chip shortage that’s going to get even worse. For instance the hybrid generator for my new truck is on a 8 month back order. Which makes the truck 100% unusable if it breaks.

they probably didn’t bat an eye because it wasn’t a $850 part that they had sitting on a shelf lol.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You don’t think there are guys who owned hds who won’t buy them again due to issues? Especially the early m8 issues.

Every brand has them. My father switched to indian from lifetime hds after they kept screwing him on the starter clutch issue.

Breto

Considering we have no dedicated Indian dealer here in Brisbane anymore and the fact that they have been absorbed by the Team Moto conglomerate, I’m dreading having to approach then with any problem.

59Belair

Just my experience in this area every dealership has 2019 FTR's left over so unless you are buying a touring bike or a big bore kit you are not important. I tried to trade the ftr for a challenger they said they didn't want it !

59Belair

In 1978 I was a senior in high school had a night shift job in a machine shop and bought a brand new firebird nothing but problems dealer wouldn't warranty anything so I sold it never bought anything Pontiac again now they don't make Pontiac take the small wins where you can get them

edgelett

You don’t think there are guys who owned hds who won’t buy them again due to issues?
Yup, after the cracked exhaust bracket on my husband's HD, he has commented multiple times on the massive increase in build quality on his FTR.

to 59 Blair - When something is out of warranty, they do NOT have to honour it even if it IS a known issue.
Yes, it's worth trying which is what I suggested to you. cause sometimes they might say 'yeah no worries'
But they aren't required to give you a new one at no charge.

sure they may choose to do something nice, and obviously any safety recalls need to be honoured (such as airbags in Toyota cars recently) but sadly with this issue you just might be out of luck.

59Belair

They don't have to stand behind their product warranty is just a number and I don't have to like it or buy anything from Polaris again !
Is what it is !

59Belair

If I could not use my bike at all would Indian take a ride command off one of the several bikes they have sitting in dealerships since 2019 ?
NO not even if I paid for it I asked them.

edgelett

If I could not use my bike at all would Indian take a ride command off one of the several bikes they have sitting in dealerships since 2019 ?
NO not even if I paid for it I asked them.
well then they couldn't sell it without a dash.

Sounds like you want to get rid of your FTR, I wish you all the best.

59Belair

Reached a resolution.
Polaris customer service ( Trent ) has agreed to sell me the ride command for half price.
I have to pay to have it installed.
Not perfect but I think its fair.

59Belair

Earlier in this post I mentioned a friend has a new HD Pan America his tpms is defective it keeps telling him the tire is flat. HD will not warranty it because he changed the tires but the dealership didn't do the tire swap !

edgelett

Earlier in this post I mentioned a friend has a new HD Pan America his tpms is defective it keeps telling him the tire is flat. HD will not warranty it because he changed the tires but the dealership didn't do the tire swap !
I'm not surprised by that to be honest.
the person who changed the tyres is not a qualified mechanic (no matter how good they are) so they can claim there's a possibility that he damaged the TPMS when doing the tyre swap.
I've seen this happen multiple times (I work in Consumer and Business Services in the state I live in in Australia) and I've actually seen it happen MORE often in the USA - I know a person who had a warranty claim regarding the engine on their Sea-Doo denied in the USA because they never took it to a mechanic for a service once (did their own) and when it started to develop problems they tried to fix it themselves first. The person is an aircraft engineer but not a qualified personal watercraft mechanic so they denied his claim.

Staedtler

Our anti-competition laws in the UK says as long as the garage is VAT registered (UK tax on consumer goods and services) and the garage uses genuine oem parts then the warranty has to be respected, so you don’t have to go to a dealer.
Dealers get round it by saying only the first year of warranty is factory backed, the remainder is dealer backed so it’s up to the dealer….

edgelett

yeah similar here in Aus, you can go to ANY mechanic other than your dealer provided they are qualified. dealers offer capped price servicing to encourage you to visit them but you don't legally have to.

but if you get on the tools yourself? then it's a different kettle of fish.