Some New FTR News.... perhaps

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
headers are tucked under the bike, the cat is larger and welded onto the header, rear cylinder deactivation.

No increase in power.

mark.lb

The biggest thing that stuck out to me is this “lowers” the bike. I have often wondered how many riders went into the Indian dealership, sat on a FTR and said, “not for me” - because I can’t flat foot the bike. Indian had to be losing sales because for many riders this bike was just too tall.

S2Davies

The biggest thing that stuck out to me is this “lowers” the bike. I have often wondered how many riders went into the Indian dealership, sat on a FTR and said, “not for me” - because I can’t flat foot the bike. Indian had to be losing sales because for many riders this bike was just too tall.
I actually had the opposite experience, I went into the dealership, sat on an FTR and thought "at last a bike that fits", I'm 6' 4 1/2". Even the dealer commented that it was about time someone sat on it that fitted the bike. It pains me to say it, but your probably correct. :(

Max Kool

Just don't count on easily retrofitting that 17" front wheel in you current FTR. They moved the wheel speed sensor inside the forks/wheel bearing, so you can't fit your existing abs tone ring.

(and I wouldn't be surprised if you still can do it by installing the 2022 ABS sensor, but we only gonna know until we try)

Last edited:

edgelett

I'm assuming the reason the bike is shorter is due to the smaller wheels.
Man I don't know what to do lol.
that difference in height will make the world of difference to me in being able to park better and easier.

I like the look of the seat further down in this article too.

edgelett

Having had a good think, I recon I'll keep mine and see what I can get as aftermarket parts.
if the bits I want become available, particularly the wheels, and can be fitted without TOOOOO much hassle I'll swap them over.

Reactions: Raj

mark.lb

If you purchased in 2019 - You had the unique experience of riding the first American sport bike for 3 years! Mine still gets looks when I park somewhere. Most motorcyclists have never seen one....