Some New FTR News.... perhaps

PiotrusPan72

OK. I live in pretty cold country. The challange with my FTR is, the engine goes off even when it reaches temp of 82Celsius. When you stay at the traffic light, put on neutral gear the engine may switch-off in the least expected moment when the light goeas green and the other vehicles start moving (while you keep fighting with your engine). It is just an example of quite dengerous situations that may happen and end up dramatically. I guess the risk of being taken to the court and loose the case is quite significant for Polaris..

Max Kool

I wouldn’t wait for Indian to fix this, but get a tune instead (this fixes way more than just the odd flame-out).

Wayne

I'm curious if Indian changed the frame geometry as well since going to the 17's would impact the effective rake, trail and wheelbase. This typically affects handling.

Max Kool

I don’t think they did, rake became steeper, trail became shorter, wheelbase stayed the same.

Which is expected when installing a smaller front wheel.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yikes. I know my dealer placed their orders already. But they were also one of the first dealers to get the ftrs in 2019