Super Shox

Mlazarus

Has anyone tried the Super Shox for the FTR? Or for any other bike and can speak to the quality of the products?

Max Kool

I don't doubt their quality and being US based warranty should be easy. Performance cruiser/bagger shocks. I find the fact that only preload seems to be adjustable a little disappointing (or I am overlooking something).

What are you trying to achieve?

Mlazarus

Good question. I am not sure if the super shox brings anything to the table the base model shock doesn't already provide.

Max Kool

I know they make a shorter version for the FTR, but got no idea if that’s what you’re after.

Mlazarus

I think they only have one size. Shorter shocks might also effect the handling by changing the geometry. Another reason I was looking for feedback. I've put Ohlin's on other bikes and really like them. Maybe I'll wait and see if the Ohlin's become available for the FTR.

Max Kool

In fact, they do make a shorter FTR shock, seen one before.

Öh, and the Öhlins is the same length as stock on the 2019 (and can be bought 50% off!!)

edit: check this.

Fuse5

Thanx Max.
would go for but not possible for EU riders to order without US virtual account/postbox

Last edited:

Mlazarus

$450 for that shock is a pretty good deal. I paid closer to $600 for the last Ohlin rear I bought. And I thought it was well worth it.

Mlazarus

Update on the Ohlin's. Indian cancelled my order. They claim the shock was out of stock but I'm not convinced it wasn't related to using the half off discount.

Charliemurphay

That’s poopy...You can/should be able to place orders through your dealer for things that are out of stock, but seeing as the code doesn’t work anymore don’t know if the dealer would still be able to with the 50% off.

Mlazarus

Agreed. It is "poopy". However, it will give me a chance to try the SuperShox product, which even without discount, is less expensive. And the increased travel might be good since I'm using the bike for commuting which includes rough dirt roads.

Max Kool

Increased travel? I thought the Super Shox was shorter than stock.... (and yes, I've seen the below pic too, but having a hard believing its claim)

Something doesn't add up...

87834309_2710870525696800_924091595605671936_o.jpg

Mlazarus

There is a dearth of reviews on this product, for this bike. Many positive reviews for the Harley products. So, it is a bit of a "pig in a poke" deal for me.