Thoughts on the FTR

KRS Fuel

first off, beautiful bike... i didn't see the pictures until i signed up (which i just did). i'm very curious about the pricing you got your bike for, as i have made standing offers of $14.5 OTD on a RR all over the country and not a single one has taken me up on it. considering the regular S is only $1500 cheaper, that would mean dozens of dealers turning me down at $13k OTD on a regular S... which your saying is two grand more than you paid OTD?!?

a bit skeptical, but genuinely interested... if i could get a regular S for $11k brand new OTD, i'd jump on it in a heartbeat. so, as a fellow attempting-to-be-an-FTR-owner guy, can you offer some insight?
At 13k you’re only two grand away. Some dealers will bend if they’re slow enough, some won’t. Mine im sure was sitting for a long time (build date 7/19), idk how long dealers get flooring on indians until it starts costing the dealer money for the bike to sit there in interest. Plus dealers get hold back from the oem, like around 3%. A broken down buyers order reveals all kinds of superfluous charges that they can take off. Assembly doesn’t need to cost 600 dollars. They come in a crate 90% ready to go, maybe have to throw on the front wheel and run through a checklist. Shipping is another sore spot. Paperwork dealers like to go crazy, it should be like 30 bucks to file paperwork. Some dealers will take stuff off and basically break even on the unit just to unload it so it’ll stop accruing interest on the floor. Most dealers that won’t move, the unit probably isn’t stinging them enough yet. Tax is the only thing that’s unavoidable. I just bought mine at the right time and picked them apart on everything. I live in Wyoming and bought in Colorado and they were starving for any business because their government made it difficult to sell stuff during covid. Negotiating over email is good too so stuff is in writing and it can take some pressure off. At the end of the day some dealers just won’t budge because they’re gambling they can get more out of somebody else.

Last edited:

Mysta

first off, beautiful bike... i didn't see the pictures until i signed up (which i just did). i'm very curious about the pricing you got your bike for, as i have made standing offers of $14.5 OTD on a RR all over the country and not a single one has taken me up on it. considering the regular S is only $1500 cheaper, that would mean dozens of dealers turning me down at $13k OTD on a regular S... which your saying is two grand more than you paid OTD?!?

a bit skeptical, but genuinely interested... if i could get a regular S for $11k brand new OTD, i'd jump on it in a heartbeat. so, as a fellow attempting-to-be-an-FTR-owner guy, can you offer some insight?
Mine was about 13k out the door with all carbon parts and akra exhaust(1200 S) so around same I think.

senninha13

$16-17k is pretty high right now, prices have gone way down. Seeing some of the S models around 12-13 before tax and fees. But 10,200 is the best I’ve heard of now. Just bought my RR for 15400 after Fees and taxes. The dealer said that’s the lowest they could go on the RR but said they’d give me an extra 2000 on the trade in I had. Other dealers had my trade in at $9000 they did $11,000 for me. The dealer who was offering $9000 wanted $14500 for the RR before tax and tag but they do not charge fees so I think it would have ended up being about the same out the door price, possibly a little less, but $2000 less on the trade in.
if you don’t mind me asking, what did you trade in?

senninha13

At 13k you’re only two grand away. Some dealers will bend if they’re slow enough, some won’t. Mine im sure was sitting for a long time (build date 7/19), idk how long dealers get flooring on indians until it starts costing the dealer money for the bike to sit there in interest. Plus dealers get hold back from the oem, like around 3%. A broken down buyers order reveals all kinds of superfluous charges that they can take off. Assembly doesn’t need to cost 600 dollars. They come in a crate 90% ready to go, maybe have to throw on the front wheel and run through a checklist. Shipping is another sore spot. Paperwork dealers like to go crazy, it should be like 30 bucks to file paperwork. Some dealers will take stuff off and basically break even on the unit just to unload it so it’ll stop accruing interest on the floor. Most dealers that won’t move, the unit probably isn’t stinging them enough yet. Tax is the only thing that’s unavoidable. I just bought mine at the right time and picked them apart on everything. I live in Wyoming and bought in Colorado and they were starving for any business because their government made it difficult to sell stuff during covid. Negotiating over email is good too so stuff is in writing and it can take some pressure off. At the end of the day some dealers just won’t budge because they’re gambling they can get more out of somebody else.
thanks again for that info... one final question, did you get any accessories?