Wheelie/stunts

Indian91

Anyone here do much in the way of wheelies or stunts? Im talking about like empty parking lot stuff not down the highway lol.
Bike is kind of marketed as a wheelie monster ...I've tried get a lot of back tire chirp/slip but not much in the way of wheelies. Anyone provide any assistance? 1st? 2nd? 3rd gear?

Max Kool

If you’ve never done them, start on a lower cc/hp/$$ bike is all I can say. Rear brake control is your friend.

Due to the low gearing and high torque, if it comes up, it comes up fast. Forget 1st gear, think twice about second…

Indian91

Had an r6 i had done them on but totally different feel. Ive tried in 2nd and 3rd and i can't even get wheel to bounce lol. 1st was the only success i had, it sounds like back tire breaks free sometimes, maybe the longer wheel base and completely different gearing. Or not giving enough gas

Indian91

I have a base model. Reading the manual my bike doesn't have the wheelie control. Also trying to do clutch wheelie no power wheelies for me

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
If you have the stock tire you could be breaking it loose with the clutch.

and yeah just rolling on the throttle

Indian91

Mine definitely doesn't do that lol. Looking at buying the s&s program selector. Im leaning towards the t32 Bridgestone for next tire

Max Kool

Sit a bit back, chop the throttle, and after a split second open it while giving the bars a tug.

Zilonis

The stock tires will slip if your weight is more forward. Lean back a bit and pull the bars, she'll come up. You really don't need the clutch with this much low-end torque. So far I've had success in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Make sure you're chain isn't loose. Too much slack can delay the sudden power to the rear wheel or even skip teeth which would mess up your sprockets.
Source - I just tightened my freshly-broken-in chain (to spec) and now I can power wheelie much much easier... it was far too loose.

Indian91

The stock tires will slip if your weight is more forward. Lean back a bit and pull the bars, she'll come up. You really don't need the clutch with this much low-end torque. So far I've had success in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Make sure you're chain isn't loose. Too much slack can delay the sudden power to the rear wheel or even skip teeth which would mess up your sprockets.
Source - I just tightened my freshly-broken-in chain (to spec) and now I can power wheelie much much easier... it was far too loose.
Im sure mine is looser than it should be. It goes in next week for 500 miles service

Snakum

I have the base model with stock tires and as long as I'm sitting back on the seat it comes right up in first with just a throttle whack. Sometimes unexpectedly so. In 2nd I just whack it and pull on the bars. I have no doubt it would clutch up in 3rd. It's stock except for straight pipe and Ryan's flash.

But this is just a 2' lift ... not to the balance point, which I no longer do since I almost trashed a Super Glide trying a couple years ago.

Indian91

I have the base model with stock tires and as long as I'm sitting back on the seat it comes right up in first with just a throttle whack. Sometimes unexpectedly so. In 2nd I just whack it and pull on the bars. I have no doubt it would clutch up in 3rd. It's stock except for straight pipe and Ryan's flash.

But this is just a 2' lift ... not to the balance point, which I no longer do since I almost trashed a Super Glide trying a couple years ago.
Ok I keep seeing "Ryan's flash" i have no clue who that is lol any information there? I keep reading indian came out with a new fuel map for 2019 models as well to get rid of the cold stalling. Anyone know anything?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ryan works for Lloydz.