Where did you ride your FTR today?

Breto

Rite well that’s somewhere I’ve never been before…yeah rite…ah well hopefully he gets my name right next time.

mark.lb

Only rode up and down the street in front of the house, but all my bikes were started and warmed up last week. Still too much snow melt and rock salt on the roads to ride. (The Scout is still in the shop awaiting final tune after being built. It is now 1300cc!)

ACC512FC-C715-47EC-B5C5-3B2678FD2DB2.jpegD4860E7B-C196-49AF-ACF1-AE16B596DB12.jpeg

Last edited:

Sullaha

Took advantage of a sunny Saturday to go do some skids out in the Wairarapa with my girl.

376km and our first time to Flat point. I used the chance to bolt up the Rotopax and run the FTR tank dry, at 217km it coughed so I stopped and used the 7.2 litre reserve to get moving again. I'm happy with that range as this ride had all the riding conditions I would expect on my preferred routes. A safe 300km should be achievable even with gratuitous* use of the right hand on the gravel
😁

*Anything more than about 1/4 throttle
🤪

Attachments

• Admiral 8.jpg
    Admiral 8.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Admiral 9.jpg
    Admiral 9.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Admiral 7.jpg
    Admiral 7.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Admiral 6.jpg
    Admiral 6.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Admiral 5.jpg
    Admiral 5.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Admiral 4.jpg
    Admiral 4.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Admiral 3.jpg
    Admiral 3.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Admiral 2.jpg
    Admiral 2.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Admiral 1.jpg
    Admiral 1.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 19

motocroft

Took advantage of a sunny Saturday to go do some skids out in the Wairarapa with my girl.

376km and our first time to Flat point. I used the chance to bolt up the Rotopax and run the FTR tank dry, at 217km it coughed so I stopped and used the 7.2 litre reserve to get moving again. I'm happy with that range as this ride had all the riding conditions I would expect on my preferred routes. A safe 300km should be achievable even with gratuitous* use of the right hand on the gravel
😁

*Anything more than about 1/4 throttle
🤪
Just awesome.
217 kms and then a cough is far more than I would have imagined.
I'm usually looking for fuel from 150kms and the most I've been brave enough to push it to is ~175kms where it was showing 'low fuel' on the dash.
I think the biggest fill I've managed so far is just shy of 12L so in theory there's just ove 1L in the tank at that point.

Sullaha

Just awesome.
217 kms and then a cough is far more than I would have imagined.
I'm usually looking for fuel from 150kms and the most I've been brave enough to push it to is ~175kms where it was showing 'low fuel' on the dash.
I think the biggest fill I've managed so far is just shy of 12L so in theory there's just ove 1L in the tank at that point.
Low fuel warning came on at about 180km, so just short of 40km to empty. This section of the ride was fairly sedate so I wouldn't expect to get any further than that.
I can normally get to 200 before the low fuel warning but only when commuting and concentrating on being gentle.

motocroft

Low fuel warning came on at about 180km, so just short of 40km to empty. This section of the ride was fairly sedate so I wouldn't expect to get any further than that.
I can normally get to 200 before the low fuel warning but only when commuting and concentrating on being gentle.
Good detail there, thank you.

edgelett

Beach races of historic motorcycles returned to South Australia a few years ago, but were put on hold from 2020 due to COVID-19.
To celebrate the announcement they're returning next year, there was a show and shine up at Lobethal in the Adelaide Hills on Sunday.
My husband and I rode up with my dad to check out the race bikes and have a look around, I decided to enter in the Show & Shine not because I expected to win but because you pay $10 to enter which goes towards the race organising.

They didn't know what category to put me in - Sports Bikes or Naked/Cafe Racer?
So they chose Naked/Cafe Racer and boy was I in the wrong group lmao.
All good though, the bikes in there were incredible.

1646644453857.png

My fave though was this Honda Monkey that someone had spent a LOT of money on
1646644490633.png

Some incredibly nice historic bikes too
1646644522428.png

and the occasional 'wtf is that'
1646644540141.png

Found a 'proper' Harley
1646644559870.png

This H2 won best Sports Bike

1646644595585.png

But the beach race bikes were the stars
1646644621512.png

1646644634186.png

Walrus

About 33 miles to Indian Motorcycles of OKC to drop off bike for TOCE exhaust install before snow storm. 44 degrees - fing cold w.out a fairing! Spoiled by sport bikes, Harley and Busa. Didn't know how to turn on heated grips. LMAO!
Decided a fairing - cafe style - is must have.

FTR London

About 33 miles to Indian Motorcycles of OKC to drop off bike for TOCE exhaust install before snow storm. 44 degrees - fing cold w.out a fairing! Spoiled by sport bikes, Harley and Busa. Didn't know how to turn on heated grips. LMAO!
Somehow, the italics help me feel your pain.
Decided a fairing - cafe style - is must have.
It really isn't. Don't do it - it's a flat tracker. If you ride in low single figure temperatures you're going to freeze dry your testicles whatever.

It'll be summer soon. :cool:

Post a picture of the new exhaust, would love to see it.

Last edited:

bgup619

Rode from San Diego down to Puerto Nuevo just south of TiJ then east through the mountains to Valle De Guadalupe to stay on our friends winery.. It didnt suck...

Attachments

• IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8