2022 love it but surging!

morooster

When you folks are saying 'surging' do you mean minor hunting of the rpm when below 4K with steady throttle? (IE: when not under acceleration or engine braking)

Just trying to clarify what people are describing. If we are talking about minor throttle hunting, that's something different.

Surging is when the throttle body actually moves spontaneously with a large action. Hunting is when throttle body flutters without significant input.
I was holding the throttle steady then the bike jerked me around pretty violently. Ended the days practise then and there.

motocroft

My triumph has a self learning ECU. After I changed exhaust and intake I let the bike idle for a period of time and it sensed the new fueling and exhaust. My FTR was actually pretty decent right from the factory with the A2H mapping. No cold start/idle problems and a satisfactory throttle response. It wasn't until after I changed exhaust did I tune the ECU. And it makes a huge difference. I guess Indian could only do so much with EPA and EU compliance. I was under the impression Indian cracked the code for 2022. Every other bike maker seems to be able to produce decent fuel mapping. Why couldn't Indian with the FTR?
I read in the 2022 FTR manual a section about calibration with cylinder deactivation off and some process. Let me see if I can find it.

K9F

Best way to describe it Motocroft is that the bike will physically 'lurch forward with uncommanded acceleration' under certain unexpected conditions.

Aleko

I am using the PV3 w/FM tune and decat/slip on.

I had flame outs when I pulled the clutch in on my first two rides.

Many rides since then (over 1,000 miles) no issues.
Hey champ. I’m waiting to take delivery of the same set up.. I’m in Aus.

motocroft

Best way to describe it Motocroft is that the bike will physically 'lurch forward with uncommanded acceleration' under certain unexpected conditions.
Yeah - no bueno dude - I've not experience anything like that with mine.
NB** I do have tolerable hunting which is more or less expected with lumpy twins at low rpm.

Aleko

Bumping to say I just got surged on today, brand new FTR S. :cry:

I'll keep riding it to see if it subsides, I don't want to tune it just yet.
At the Moment my bike is stock standard and I’ve done 250 odd k’s since I had the software update from Indian,,,, and it’s going a lot better than what it was before but I have the occasional morning with stall on start,, occasional top end knock,,still needs to be warmed up..

I’m a few days away from getting my parts from F/M.
I’ll be setting up the PV3 w/FM tune and decat/ s&s pipe and k&N filter.

motocroft

At the Moment my bike is stock standard and I’ve done 250 odd k’s since I had the software update from Indian,,,, and it’s going a lot better than what it was before but I have the occasional morning with stall on start,, occasional top end knock,,still needs to be warmed up..

You get a 2019 or 2022 @Aleko.
You're Melbourne based eh?

K9F

Similar setup to mine. FM sent me two maps both were great. You're gonna have a few exciting weeks ahead.

Aleko

Similar setup to mine. FM sent me two maps both were great. You're gonna have a few exciting weeks ahead.
The last 150 k’s it’s been okay some days are better than others on start-up but I can’t wait to run a straight pipe .. I had the standard mufflers off and giving it a bruuup,, and it sounds amazing ...😜