Tuning with the pv3

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Figured I would show how quick and easy it is to use the pv3. I was loading a new map Ryan surprised me with.
He will email you a map, you simply click and drag it over to your tuner when it’s connected to your pc. Then hook it up to your bike.

SURLY

Figured I would show how quick and easy it is to use the pv3. I was loading a new map Ryan surprised me with.
He will email you a map, you simply click and drag it over to your tuner when it’s connected to your pc. Then hook it up to your bike.

Very helpful I thought I would have to remove the pretend tank panels to get at the plug in so big help just for that more vids like this please:)

SURLY

Just spoken to the people at Dynojet they were so helpful I bought the PV3 on the spot.

Unruly Rider

Just spoken to the people at Dynojet they were so helpful I bought the PV3 on the spot.
Kinda surprised you didn't order from Ryan or FuelMoto... it's only going to be loaded with canned tunes from DynoJet, none of the shop tunes that most of us are running.

Reactions: K9F

K9F

With what I have heard with the testing that Ryan and FuelMoto do and the customer service they provide I am leaning towards them myself. Canned tunes are good but not that good IMHO. Up until now I have been a strong believer the only way to effectively tune your bike is with dyno time and someone that knows what they are doing, but times and perspective change.

Last edited:

SURLY

Kinda surprised you didn't order from Ryan or FuelMoto... it's only going to be loaded with canned tunes from DynoJet, none of the shop tunes that most of us are running.
Live in the UK so went to local outlet for ease of use they were very helpful on the phone and have a tune for my set up so took the easy way and if I have a problem it will be easy to comunicate with them.

fugz

I bought mine from Ryan and had it shipped to the UK from the US. Still cheaper than buying in the UK.

I have the same setup as @ferraiolo1 so Ryan didn't need to Dyno my bike.

If i need updates, they can be sent by email.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I bought mine from Ryan and had it shipped to the UK from the US. Still cheaper than buying in the UK.

I have the same setup as @ferraiolo1 so Ryan didn't need to Dyno my bike.

If i need updates, they can be sent by email.

Email him and ask for the new ferraiolo tune! Rode it some more yesterday, its the best one yet.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I was for the original racefit tune, this new tune is based off the toce slip on/cat delete, which is pretty much the same thing as the racefit. He dyno tuned and road tested it for a few weeks to get it sorted before sending it to me.

I just wish it wasnt near freezing temps so i could put more than 100 miles at a time on it. BUT even starting at freezing temps she is smooth and no stalls.

K9F

Oh siht shti hsit sthi :cry:

I wouldn't sweat it Surly. You have bought a great Dynojet Product and can use this to remap your bike with a number of different tunes. Dynojet have been in the market for rejetting and remapping for several decades, the fact you happily pulled the trigger a couple of days ago and are getting a canned map you may be pleasantly surprised regardless, it should still be better than stock? Should you eventually deem that you have not got the best out there you can source another map from whoever you choose without the cost of the tool itself. As for value for money on what you have committed to buy I wouldn't lose much sleep myself.

Last edited:

SURLY

I wouldn't sweat it Surly. You have bought a great Dynojet Product and can use this to remap your bike with a number of different tunes. Dynojet have been in the market for rejetting and remapping for several decades, the fact you happily pulled the trigger a couple of days ago and are getting a canned map you may be pleasantly surprised regardless, it should still be better than stock? Should you eventually deem that you have not got the best out there you can source another map from whoever you choose without the cost of the tool itself. As for value for money on what you have committed to buy I wouldn't lose much sleep myself.
To be honest I would still buy from dyno uk and pay the bit extra just because when( not if) I make a cock up I can speak to someone on the phone to sort it out have already spoken to a tech there called Richard and he was so helpful I just jumped and bought and as you say I can source a map from elsewhere if i feel the need and I am thinking the factory map is so poor I will probably be very pleasantly surprised (y)

SURLY

Just done the PV3 remap using a Dynojet canned tune very easy and throttle responce is way better cold start stalls are reduced but still get the odd one Richard at dynojet says the factory map is strange but he has my fac map and is working on another one to improve this so I will be getting another one soon don,t you just love technology.:love:

K9F

Surly, just a heads up but the Indian dealer Moore Speed Racing create their own bespoke maps for the FTR using dyno time. May travel down that route come next service which won't be long before they get really busy March/April..

SURLY

Already spoken with them I can send my PV3 to them and they will put a map on it for £100 but we are talking 4 or5 bhp at the most and in my experience (50 years) once you have a bike with over 100 bhp anything less than 10bhp is not noticeable a better rider than me might but I cannot if I wanted power I would have kept the Busa Z I traded for the FTR but in 3 years I never really stretched its legs however the engine ran so beatifully (no other word for it) it magnified the piss poor fueling on th FTR but now with the canned map Dynojet tech Richard sent me it is transformed smooth slick and responsive of course I may change my mind on this when the weather warms up bit but when you do go there let us know how it goes just in case.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You get 10rwhp with a good tune on an otherwise stock bike. But its not so much about the peak hp numbers as it is about the smoothness.

I dont see why you would have to mail them your physical tuner, if you email them your pvinfo file and they can, or should be able, to add that info into their program and then just send you a tune via email, its how my tuner does it.

SURLY

Yes that makes sense I was going on what they told me regarding mapping and yes it was the smoothness I wanted I have owned quite a few V twins and never known one run this badly (the words bag of shit spring to mind I was shocked that Indian would put it on the market like that) the bike is now very smooth so for now I am happy with it.(for now).
PS when you have spent 14 grand on a bike you should not have to spend another £430 to get it to run properly and before anyone says euro 4 I also have a Honda Crosstourer also euro 4 that has no such problems of course its an ugly fcuker compared to the FTR but it runs like a dream🏍