Tuning with the pv3

K9F

Octane ratings differ greatly from UK and USA and they are not remotely similar. Idiosyncrasies such as octane comparisons I think are immaterial the way the FTR runs as standard with it's extra leanness, cold start issues and foibles for many that ride them.
I usually bang in RON 95 Regular (87 USA) but on occasion will stick in RON 98 Premium (90-93 USA) as I think it'll make it go even better. 'Placebo Effect at 10p more per litre,' mine runs sweet as a nut like a banshee on either.

:cool:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ron 95 is the minimum you should run, with a high comp engine, the tune has to pull a lot of timing with low grade fuel.

I run only 93 or Ron 98. It’s a bike so the fuel cost difference is negligible

Max Kool

I don’t think you messed up, but odds are you would get better results by going through either one of them.

JoeTuna

I don’t think you messed up, but odds are you would get better results by going through either one of them.
Do you think it's worth sending back and doing it? Obviously I'm new to all this, have just raced and rode dirt bikes my whole life and the ftr is my first road bike.

JoeTuna

Definitely gonna try to cancel, sent an email and called a number but got no answer. I have a s&s grand national slip on and a fuel motor cat delete. Obviously I'm not running the FM pipe until I have a tuner but any thoughts on this setup?

Max Kool

Many people run this, and seem to be very happy with it.

That said, according to Lloydz' tuning expert Ryan, you're better off keeping the cat in place and only use a slipon of your choice. The stock headers were designed to match the cat/resonator.

JoeTuna

Many people run this, and seem to be very happy with it.

That said, according to Lloydz' tuning expert Ryan, you're better off keeping the cat in place and only use a slipon of your choice. The stock headers were designed to match the cat/resonator.
What do they recommend for headers?

JoeTuna

More? 😂

Most that play with sprockets are looking for taller gearing, not shorter. I believe @ferraiolo1 used 51T for a while.
Absolutely more haha I'm actually surprised more ppl don't say it but maybe I am just disrespectful lol I think I'm gonna drop a tooth in the front and then go from there. Hoping a tune changes this ride bc it just wasn't what I was expecting.

Mckid4

Absolutely more haha I'm actually surprised more ppl don't say it but maybe I am just disrespectful lol I think I'm gonna drop a tooth in the front and then go from there. Hoping a tune changes this ride bc it just wasn't what I was expecting.
Let us know how it goes, I’m thinking of going up two in the rear.