Tuning with the pv3

K9F

Cut and paste from other forum for the benefit of those that may not use it.

24 hours after sending my Stock File and PV Info file to Fuel Moto I received a welcome return e-mail from Craig B.

Contained therein was not one but two tunes to try for about 100 miles or so for me to chose the best one. I am like an excited child in a toy shop with a bag full of money to spend. I cannot necessarily agree with those that reasonably vociferously disagreed with my previous stance about mapping (bollox I will name them Ferraiolo and Max) but now I have ventured over their 'other side of the fence' I am keen as mustard having opened Pandoras Box (namely the PV3).

BIG SHOUT for Lucas and Craig B if your product is anywhere near as good as the excellent service I have received (which I am sure it will be) I am going to be grinning like a Cheshire Cat for the next few weeks at least? Thank you.

BurtonCCat1.jpg

K9F

Another cut and paste:

Early Days and First Impressions.

Managed to take the FTR for it's first 50 mile jaunt post K&N filter fit and first tune trial of two supplied. I will not waste time going over the same ground as many others have singing the individual virtues and benefits. Nevertheless when I first got my FTR time was short and tuning availability was not on the cards at that particular time. I had the dealership remove the catalytic converter and fit Akrapovics due to the design and weaknesses of the first generation OEM exhausts before I took delivery. The bike had it's foibles admittedly and I delayed somewhat despite the advice of several advocates Ferraiolo, Max and Hatt in particular. We had quite some debate! I hasten to add this was despite being acutely aware of the benefits tuning could offer. I was relatively content at that time at what the FTR was capable of as standard.....Well moving swiftly on, literally speaking.....

In summation for any of the stalwarts who may be sat on the fence about this like I was and wondering should I or shouldn't I? Dive on in! The water's fine!

For me it has been a total transformation and unleashed what should have been done from the off! It is a completely different beast exhaust tone included. What's more I've got a second tune to try in another 100 miles or so! Happy days!

Fuse5

[QUOTE="K9F, post: 3275, member: 19"
For me it has been a total transformation and unleashed what should have been done from the off!
It is a completely different beast exhaust tone included...Happy days!
[/QUOTE]

..is it/he/she still waking up the dead now ?
(FM or Ryan?)

K9F

Just out of interest K9F, what does the de-cat sound like with the Akrapovics exhausts fitted?

Much much better than with a catalytic converter fitted. With the recent K&N filter fit as well the tone has got discernibly different. It is a 'growler' but I have no interest whatsoever to remove baffles. My other steed is loud as hell and it is a pleasant change to have a bike that you can distinctly hear and enjoy but without being offensive over longer journeys.

southampton.jpg

Terminology borrowed from a mate. Post remapping the FTR runs like a raped ape! :whistle:

S2Davies

That sounds just the job. I'm thinking of going down the same rout but I'm very conscious of my neighbours (who I get on with), because I don't want to upset too many of them with my occasional 05:00am starts. Its a sham about the restrictions at the moment, otherwise I'd take a ride down south and have a listen :)

Scarecrow

Anyone know if they fixed the issue they been having with the new Indian update? Looking at buying a pv3 soon but not sure if I won’t be able to use it.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ryan has released new tunes for the new update. But they still aren’t as good as the old tunes.
Since they haven’t had as much time to work on them.

Scarecrow

I’ve been reading a few threads about the pv3 and there’s a lot of mention about Ryan. Was planning on buying one from Fuel Moto, but sounds like Ryan has made a name for himself in the tuning world. Does he sell pv3’s as well or do you buy it from somewhere and pay him to send tunes? Sorry new to this whole tuning thing.

K9F

I’ve been reading a few threads about the pv3 and there’s a lot of mention about Ryan. Was planning on buying one from Fuel Moto, but sounds like Ryan has made a name for himself in the tuning world. Does he sell pv3’s as well or do you buy it from somewhere and pay him to send tunes? Sorry new to this whole tuning thing.

There are only two reputable tuning providers. Both are mentioned in your post and both will provide you with a PV3 as part of the package. Whichever way you go either one will be awe inspiringly good. I will dismount the rear wheel off my FTR and eat the tire if I'm wrong. I went with Fuel Moto just last week was sent two maps to try and at the moment am enjoying the first map waaayyy tooo much to bother with the second. The service has been outstanding and as the crow flies I am 3702 miles away from Fuel Moto.

Ryan or Craig? Matters not they both do exactly what it says on the tin!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member

ryan and fuel moto both unlocked the ecu around the same time back in July. I contacted both and almost pre ordered the fm tune. But I personally preferred dealing with Ryan after doing a lot of research on fm and seeing their social media interactions.

With fm you get a free tune when you buy a pv3 from them, Ryan charges $150 for his tune on top of the pv3

both are better than stock. As to which one is better over the other, that’s up to you to decide by reading all the reviews out there.

Mysta

Yeah just got a toce cat delete and waiting for the updated tune for the -AH2 ecu version(latest as of this post). Will report back though it may take a bit for them to get the new ecu version to the same level.