Tuning with the pv3

Sullaha

Has anyone seen changes in the mileage with the new mappings?
My fuel range has gone down after getting the secret sauce map. Not because the bike is using more litres per kilometer but because I enjoy riding the bike so much more now and correspondingly ride like my arse is on fire everywherešŸ˜…

Unruly Rider

oi! I like my honda lol
My son has a 2018 Honda Grom that my wife and I occasionally ride around the neighborhood. Over the Christmas break I helped him install a cam, adjust the valve lash, swap ECU, and change sprockets and chain... now he really has caught the bug - haha! I told him if he keeps his grades up and doesn't get any speeding tickets we will install a 181cc big-bore kit with ported 4v cylinder head this summer. Should take it from 13hp to about 22-24hp and the bike weighing just over 200lbs should move pretty good, it will be plenty for him until he graduates high school at least.

Unruly Rider

My fuel range has gone down after getting the secret sauce map. Not because the bike is using more litres per kilometer but because I enjoy riding the bike so much more now and correspondingly ride like my arse is on fire everywherešŸ˜…
This has been exactly my experience as well! :LOL:

edgelett

Bunch of guys that live near me have Groms, they honestly look like a shit ton of fun to ride!
they're always popping wheelies haha.

Unruly Rider

Bunch of guys that live near me have Groms, they honestly look like a shit ton of fun to ride!
they're always popping wheelies haha.
Yeah, they are a blast to ride and easy to wheelie even in stock form. With a few simple mods they wake up pretty good and they are super reliable too - typical of most Honda's.

edgelett

I'll post some vids in the non FTR section for a laugh of some guys having a shitload of fun on them

K9F

I had my motorcycle booked in on 14 April for dyno time and a tune, this would have involved buying a PV3 from the dealership. Well this didn't happen due to the lockdown. Have been doing a little research and have spoken to Fuel Moto USA. Have just pulled the trigger....

Got a great deal really, for Ā£40 less than the cost of the PV3 alone over here I got the PV3, a K&N filter and the service offered by Fuel Moto USA, this included the shipping to UK.

For any other UK members at today's exchange rate the PV3 from Fuel Moto USA comes in at Ā£319 which will come as a bit of a surprise.

Last edited:

SURLY

I had my motorcycle booked in on 14 April for dyno time and a tune, this would have involved buying a PV3 from the dealership. Well this didn't happen due to the lockdown. Have been doing a little research and have spoken to Fuel Moto USA. Have just pulled the trigger....

Got a great deal really, for Ā£40 less than the cost of the PV3 alone over here I got the PV3, a K&N filter and the service offered by Fuel Moto USA, this included the shipping to UK.

For any other UK members at today's exchange rate the PV3 from Fuel Moto USA comes in at Ā£319 which will come as a bit of a surprise.
Price looks very good including the air filter somewhat better than the Ā£435 I paid here do you know what the import duty is on these when I have bought watches from the US it has been a shock.

K9F

Depends on what is written as value on the customs form. The access to the FTR maps and the support offered means that even if I find I have to pay duty etc. I will still come out on top against what is offered and priced in the UK. Shipping was $48 for both items. I find it is hit and miss and very dependent on who is the shipper as to whether you get nailed for duty etc. I am prepared for the hit of about Ā£72.

This is a handy tool that prevents shocks and surprises:

Last edited:

SURLY

Depends on what is written as value on the customs form. The access to the FTR maps and the support offered means that even if I find I have to pay duty etc. I will still come out on top against what is offered and priced in the UK. Shipping was $48 for both items. I find it is hit and miss and very dependent on who is the shipper as to whether you get nailed for duty etc. I am prepared for the hit of about Ā£72.

This is a handy tool that prevents shocks and surprises:

Be sure to let us know if there is a noticeable performance boost or just a better running engine mine ran so much better with canned tune I forgot to look for power hike and now cannot being locked in.

K9F

Hi Surly,

I am in the minority that hasnā€™t found the standard mapping too bad to warrant doing much about it up until now. I wanted a prolonged period to gauge what exactly the bike could do, my own limitations on it and whether the outlay for a tune was warranted, 3000 miles later with a three month sabbatical due to a knee operation I had arrived. Having removed the catalytic converter and now wishing to add a performance filter and knowing that the bikes are set very lean to meet emissions and not for optimum performance it is a case of diminishing returns as what I have done and intend to do will make it run leaner still. My foray into PV3 purchase and tuning is simply to ensure the bike is running at this optimum performance for itā€™s precise setup. Personally from my expectations and what has been experienced by others I donā€™t expect any great uplift in ā€˜poniesā€™ but can expect a greater and smoother torque curve and running richer which for me and the bike will be a good thing. I am not a balls out knee down kind of rider but I did wonder if my replacement left knee would emit sparks if I could achieve touchdown?

SURLY

Hi Surly,

I am in the minority that hasnā€™t found the standard mapping too bad to warrant doing much about it up until now. I wanted a prolonged period to gauge what exactly the bike could do, my own limitations on it and whether the outlay for a tune was warranted, 3000 miles later with a three month sabbatical due to a knee operation I had arrived. Having removed the catalytic converter and now wishing to add a performance filter and knowing that the bikes are set very lean to meet emissions and not for optimum performance it is a case of diminishing returns as what I have done and intend to do will make it run leaner still. My foray into PV3 purchase and tuning is simply to ensure the bike is running at this optimum performance for itā€™s precise setup. Personally from my expectations and what has been experienced by others I donā€™t expect any great uplift in ā€˜poniesā€™ but can expect a greater and smoother torque curve and running richer which for me and the bike will be a good thing. I am not a balls out knee down kind of rider but I did wonder if my replacement left knee would emit sparks if I could achieve touchdown?
Probably a good idea to keep that knee well away from the road if you just wanted a bike that runs well you should be very happy with the PV3 retune just using a Dyno jet canned map trans formed mine the factory map was beyond awful when I married the PV3 to my bike the Dynojet tech asked me to send him my original map he said some of the maps they had seen were pretty bad my guess is you will wish you had done it sooner good luck with it.
PS the actual doing the remap business is strangely enjoyable and satisfiying more so when you ride the bike.

K9F

Fed Ex delivery five days early.....Stock and PV info files sent 25 minutes after getting home and seeing parcel.

IMG_0534.jpg