2022 love it but surging!

R. Warshawsky

Yeah well I reckon they called bill gates and asked him how to make a motorcycle that needed constant updates so it would function…just like Microsoft…bug fixes and and expensive add ons…
If the FTR ran like a Windows computer it would crash several times a day...

Breto

If the FTR ran like a Windows computer it would crash several times a day...
Well it was heading that way when I got mine…cutting out mid intersection and stalling after blipping on the down change for a corner…exactly what I said to my dealer at the time…this thing is gunna cause or be the cause of an accident…so yeah I’d say gates still had a hand I it…

bbuettner

I am using the PV3 w/FM tune and decat/slip on.

I had flame outs when I pulled the clutch in on my first two rides.

Many rides since then (over 1,000 miles) no issues.

R. Warshawsky

Well it was heading that way when I got mine…cutting out mid intersection and stalling after blipping on the down change for a corner…exactly what I said to my dealer at the time…this thing is gunna cause or be the cause of an accident…so yeah I’d say gates still had a hand I it…
😂😂😂

mtFTRnh

1400+ miles on my ‘22. It surged some early on but is better now. I can’t tell for sure if the tune is perfect for stock because I have an S&S slip-on with the decibel killer out.

Aleko

Bretto, since I have the reflash done and a bit of homework on the Internet it looks like I’m gonna go down the track of FM tune cane in filter and a Bassani sleep on so having said that with your setup are you still getting issues with the bike cutting out

Breto

Bretto, since I have the reflash done and a bit of homework on the Internet it looks like I’m gonna go down the track of FM tune cane in filter and a Bassani sleep on so having said that with your setup are you still getting issues with the bike cutting out
Nah man….didn’t have those problems at all even with my first, second and third b revision fuel moto tune…like I said I’m now running the TOCE low Mount and Ryan’s tune and still have never experienced the problem. It’s a different bike and I’m not easy on it by any means…👍😎

Breto

I love it man…thanks to Tash for that one mate…she was the first Aussie to run it…just awesome…and that sound…ooooooooooooo makes me go all thing…🥴😵‍💫

K9F

Cheers,, mate the toce exhaust set up is awesome!

It is indeed. I am not sure where we are with remote tuning for the Toce as was available on the earlier models and original software. Just make 100% sure on a 2022 model with the latest software you don't need to send your ECU halfway across the Globe to facilitate fitting the Toce.

**Late Edit** Just noticed yours is a 12/20 model but even so the above will still apply due to software version.

Also I read on the other forum a remap wasn't going to be available from Fuelmoto for the 2022s until Fall/Autumn.

Please do your research thoroughly by contacting both reputable tuners personally to get the definitive information you require.

Aleko

I love it man…thanks to Tash for that one mate…she was the first Aussie to run it…just awesome…and that sound…ooooooooooooo makes me go all thing…🥴😵‍💫
Nice!
I watch some clips today it sounds unbelievable.. I wish I had a coin..
Are they somehow sneaker past the Mrs and bite the bullet go through FM Moto for their kit..
But..... if i save and wait.....
The results might be even sweeter!🤩💰

Breto

FM don't do Toce or rather they didn't. As stated do your homework.(y)
Yep K9 is on point man…TOCE is handled by Ryan at Loydz mate…FM didn’t have a solution for TOCE when I got mine, so yeah read up buddy…👍😎

Reactions: K9F

K9F

Can't really understand with FM and the 'logging of rides and sending of results' facility why you couldn't buy a Toce, fit it, log the ride and send them off your file for them to do a map? Would buy one in a heartbeat if they did but after all I've spent I just can't justify the extra expenditure on another map to get it to run right!

I too am a great admirer of the Toce and could do with a Financial Trade Agreement with the USA now we're out of the EU maybe to sweeten the deal. Patience may be the key here?

Have also talked to Colin Moore of Moore Speed Racing that he considers becoming a UK agent for Toce.

Breto

Ryan that built my TOCE said it wouldn’t run right without the proper tune. So bolting a toce on and trying to log stuff would be pointless as it wouldn’t be running to the point where you could actually ride it. I had to load my tune twice. The first time I was too hasty and didn’t give the bike enough time to absorb the tune. It backfired and shot sparks and flames and was idling really ruffly. Quick word to Ryan at Lloyd’s and he informed me to wipe the tune, reinstall it and let the bike run with no throttle input at all to fan cut in. Then turn it off, wait 15 minutes and then start it up again. Perfect. Been perfect ever since…so I doubt very much if it would run at all just bolting the TOCE to it and expecting it to run with the tune it had…👍😎

morooster

Bumping to say I just got surged on today, brand new FTR S. :cry:

I'll keep riding it to see if it subsides, I don't want to tune it just yet.

motocroft

When you folks are saying 'surging' do you mean minor hunting of the rpm when below 4K with steady throttle? (IE: when not under acceleration or engine braking)

Just trying to clarify what people are describing. If we are talking about minor throttle hunting, that's something different.

Surging is when the throttle body actually moves spontaneously with a large action. Hunting is when throttle body flutters without significant input.